Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Costa Rica Mission Trip

 "Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."
1 Corinthians 15:58

Last week I went to Alajuela, Costa Rica with my church on a mission trip.  It was my second year going and I couldn't have asked for a better trip.  We spent the week teaching Vacation Bible School two times a day and doing light construction.  I was with the group that did VBS (haha).  The pastor of the church we were staying at is building a new home.  The group that did construction worked at his new home site building trenches, pouring concrete, and tying rebar.  The children were so precious and loved making crafts during VBS.  I was lucky enough to see many of the children I grew attached to last year this time around. 
Here are a few photos from VBS....
One day we gave away toothbrushes that the generous Dr. Shelton sent with us!

This day the kids tied ballons to their ankles and popped them.  Here you can see children of all ages came!

Waiting on the bible story of the day.


Making crafts with my mama!

When we were not teaching VBS, we were playing with the neighborhood kids that would come by or eating! I am pretty sure I gained weight this week.  We had rice and beans for every meal ( I only ate the rice) along with a meat.  Our cooks were so sweet! A mother-daughter duo that were members of the church we were staying at. 



The store we went to for drinks and snacks.

Our cooks and their family! The daughter on the left and her mother were our cooks! Precious people! The dad helped with construction and the other daughter is in high school.

Playing in the street with the kids one night.  This was right outside the church.
 Here are some more cuties!
3 of my favs from last year.  Rosie, Caroline, and sweet Daniel.


I printed off photos from last year to give the children.  They loved them!        
 
This is Joshua! I gave him my VSU hat!


.....To be continued!



  

1 comment:

  1. This was such a lovely trip to read about. Well done! I am sure the children will never forget you!

    ReplyDelete