Monday, June 25, 2012

Costa Rica Mission Trip Part 2

The last 2 days we were in Costa Rica were our "play" days.  On Saturday, we went to Manuel Antonio National Park, which was the film location for the Blue Lagoon (one of Brooke Shield's first movies).  It was beautiful!!! I have always wanted to visit a beautiful blue ocean (other than the Gulf) and my dream came true this day.  The park also had trails that we hiked.  We saw monkeys, rainforest crabs, sloths, iguanas, and other neat creatures.  One trail we hiked was all uphill and super long....I almost died.  Not even kidding.  Once we got to the top, we had a beautiful view of the ocean.  It was worth it I suppose.  :)  The other trail we walked took us to a spot on the beach that was pretty private since you could only get to it by trail.  I can't even describe the feeling I had when I first put my feet in that beautiful Pacific Ocean.  Once we were done with the trails and had spent time on the beach, several of us went out on a banana boat.  IT WAS AWESOME!!  I laughed the whole time, lol.   I took mental pictures the whole ride because I never want to forget what I saw.  The driver of the boat took us way out to a cliff that was in the middle of the ocean.  We circled around it and while we were out there, it started flooding!  It rained so hard we couldn't even open our eyes.  It still so much fun though!!  The water was so warm and the waves were huge!
Here are my pictures of Manuel Antonio National Park.


Does this not look like a baby alligator?!

First sighting of the ocean after our trail hike.
View from the top of the longest and hardest trail in the park.  So pretty!

Me and Mama!

On Sunday we attended the church service at the church we were working with.  It was amazing and uplifting even though we couldn't understand a word of it. Lol.  The people there are so kind and are on fire for the Lord.  Since it was Father's Day, they did a special prayer at the end of the sermon for all of the father's in the congregation. 


After church, the pastor took us to a resturant in town that specialized in roasted chicken.  It was amazing and the fellowship was even better!




One day during the middle of the week, we went trout fishing at a trout farm.  We did this last year so I knew what to expect.  I caught only one fish.  After you catch them, the guys that work there fry them and you eat them for lunch.  I brought a PB&J. :)



Dennis, took the title of eating the most trout!

Thanks for reading about my trip! It was truly a blessing to be able to go and to interact with the people of Costa Rica. 









No comments:

Post a Comment