Thursday, May 16, 2013
10 Things About ME!
I noticed that in the past few days I have acculmulated a few new followers (YAY)! I thought I would share a few things about me so you could get to know me better.
1. I am a follower of Christ. I love Jesus and thank him everyday for dying on the cross for my sins. I grew up in the church and I'm so thankful for that. I made lots of memories at Vacation Bible School, singing in the Children's Choir, and being involved in the Youth program.
2. I am an bank teller and have been since I graduated high school in 2004. I was part time while going to school and in August of this past year I became full time. I have gone to school off and on the past couple of years but plan to start back to school this summer to finish my degree in Early Childhood Education (it is taking FOREVER) and hope to graduate this time next year. :) I attend Valdosta State University in Valdosta, Ga (15 mins North of the FL line). The campus is covered in old Oak trees filled with moss and the buildings are Spanish style. It's a gorgeous campus and only about 2 hours from the beach. That may or may not have been a deciding factor.
3. I am very close to my family and love spending time with them! I have a younger brother (22) who is my best friend. I am blessed to have loving parents that I know would do anything for me. Valdosta is 2 hours way from where they live so I only see them about twice a month. I plan to move back home (Perry, Ga) when I am done with school.
4. I love photography and take pictures as a side job. I got my first camera in the 1st grade and I have been snapping away ever since. I love to shoot engagement sessions and sibling sessions. You can check out some of my work on my Facebook page, KT Lense Photography.
5. My favorite thing to do is travel. It doesn't happen as often as I would like since I do live on a teller's salary. I was fortunate enough to spend 5 weeks in Paris through the study abroad program at my school in the Summer of 2010. I studied photography and loved our assignments. While there we were able to go on excursions on the weekends. I went to the Champagne Region, Florence, and Nice. I wish I could go back all the time! Florence was so neat and had the best food and the nicest people! It was small so my friend and I rented bicylces for the weekend. I liked it almost as much as Paris. :)
6. I really want to be an interior designer. I have always loved watching my mom decorate and I love the way a room can change just by moving furniture around or taking items from one room and putting them in another. I wanted to major in interior design but my dad thought it wouldn't be a job that would be stable in this economy. So here I am, reading design blogs and living vicariously through You. :)
7. I read blogs every morning. I get to work and get things done that I need to do and then read through my list of blogs in between customers. About 98% of the blogs I follow are written by interior designers or DIY'ers (is that a word?). I love reading about projects and getting ideas to use in my own home.
8. I love instagram. I think I'm starting to like it more than Facebook actually. If you haven't gotten the app, Afterglow, I highly suggest you install it. It is a photo editing tool that allows you to chose from tons of filters, crop, frame, etc. A lot of my photography friends use it also. Back to Instagram-once you finish editing your photo in Afterglow, you can upload it to instagram to share it. Another thing I love is being able to find new stores or blogs by clicking on friend's hashtags.
9. I love reality TV. I know...I'm one of "those". My favorite would be the Kardashians. I sometimes find myself thinking, "Why do I watch this?". I'm facinated with their lives. I can't stand half of them but it's a show that will not miss. I have recently fallen in love with "What would Ryan Lochte Do?". If you haven't seen this, you need to. He is super hot and super stupid which makes it super funny. He is definetely a "dumb blonde". And in case you are wondering, Ryan Lochte is an Olympic swimmer who has won 11 medals and is known to be one of the best swimmers in the world. You may remember him from the London Olympics last Summer.
10. I am deathly afraid of Roaches. DEATHLY. I can't explain why I run around screaming like a chicken with it's head cut off when I see one. I'm sure it would make a great YouTube video.
I hope you have a great day and wonderful weekend!