Thursday, July 26, 2012

Last Hoo-rah...

This past weekend, my brother and I went down to St. Simons to meet my dad for our last beach trip of the summer.  Daddy has rented a house for 10 days and is enjoying some much needed alone time.  I'm super jealous! 
On Saturday, Cody and I scooted down the Golden Isle Parkway to spend the day on the beach.  I found my first sand dollars ever that day!  I was so proud!  My paternal grandfather, Jack, was notorious for finding tons of sand dollars every summer in SSI.  Daddy dubbed me "Little Jack" by the end of the day. I had lots of fun. If you have ever wondered how to find them, simply drag your feet along the bottom of the ocean and you will feel them (they are rough).  I threw all of mine back.  I just couldn't kill them.  Lol.




Around 6:00 we decided to go in and get ready for dinner.  We ended up ordering our dinner to-go from our favorite resturant, The Crap Trap.  It was delish as always!  After dinner, Cody and I went for ice cream at The Moo Cow and then went back to the house for bed.  We were tired from the drive and the sun.



The next morning we slept late and then went to the village for lunch.  We ate at another favorite, The Sandcastle.  I had the crab cake sandwich with clam chowder.  Amazing.



 After lunch, we strolled down to the pier to see what the fishermen were catching.  The city has recently re-done their pier area and it's beautiful!  Once at the end of the pier we spotted people taking pictures near a pelican.  The bird was huge and was being so sweet to let people snap photos.  I was a little aprehesive.  I didn't want to get too close incase it changed it's mind!  I have never seen a pelican that close before though. I think it must visit often.





Later that afternoon we went back down to the beach.  We went out to a sandbar and just sat around and talked.  It was so nice. 

Our trip was quick, but nice and relaxing.  I hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as I did!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment