Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It FINALLY happened! I'm a BRIDESMAID!!!

For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to be a bridesmaid. I was a flowergirl several times as a child and always had fun dressing up and being apart of the brides big day. There is a feeling I have that I can't describe when I see the bride's closest friends walk down the aisle before her.  It says she loves them so much she couldn't imagine the most important day of her life without them by her side.  It means so much to me that someone would think of me as a friend such as this. I have not been asked to be in one wedding this upcoming year, but TWO!
On June 18th 2011, I will have the honor of being a bridesmaid of Trisha Thomas'.  She is marrying my first cousin, Tyler Connell.  This will be the first grandchild to get married on my mother's side of the family.  I am the only girl of 5 grandchildren.  My cousins and I are really close so it is extra special to me to be apart of Tyler's wedding. Trisha and I have become great friends since they started dating over a year ago.  The 3 of us even went on a trip to Fernandina Labor Day weekend.  It was great bonding time.  On the way down, we stopped at Cedar Lane in McRae to eat dinner. This is where Trisha asked me to be a bridesmaid.  The whole resturant knew what was going on before we left because when she asked me I jumped up from my seat and hugged her neck and couldn't control my excitment! I really embarrassed Tyler but it was a big day for me!  Especially since it is always something I have wanted to experience.  Trisha and Tyler will get married on the beach in Fernandia.  This will be the first beach wedding I have ever attended.  I am thrilled!
Trisha and I at an engagement party.


My cousin, Tyler, and Trisha

On July 30 2011, I will stand at the alter next to one of my lifelong friends, Sarah Lamar.  Everytime I think of this day I start to tear up.  I can't imagine what I will be like during the actual ceremony! Haha! Sarah and I are the same age and grew up being pushed around Hawkinsville in strollers by our nanny's.  We have pictures together when we were kiddos, at that awkward middle school age, at our Baccalaureate's service as seniors in high school, and then of course college. My dad gave her the nickname, "Sarah G", when we were kids.  Her brother's name is R.G. so maybe that's where he got that from.  For some reason, it stuck and Sarah has always been my "Sarah G"! Even though we are the same age, Sarah is one of my role models.  She is such a great christian girl who has always had a good head on her shoulders.  She is an R.N. in Birhingham, AL with her own house, car, and now fiance! How accomplished can you get at 24?!  Sarah sent all of her bridesmaids a cute poem printed on floral stationary that read, "Im engaged as you've heard, I suppose now I have something to propose! This is what I'm trying to say, will you be my bridesmaid on my big day?" I basically went nuts (suprise)! Sarah is getting married in Young Harris, Ga at the Brasstown Valley Resort.  It will be great to have a whole weekend of wedding festivities!

The day after her engagment!

No comments:

Post a Comment